Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Baking: Pizza Fixings & Hot Cocoa Mix = Tasty Creations

This summer's baking day had my kids making dough.  They practiced making my grandmother's refrigerator roll dough recipe which is very versatile and fool-proof.  Find the recipe here: http://teach12homeskills.blogspot.com/2012/04/baking-refrigerator-roll-dough.html  We fit baking day into the same day as canning day and so the kids had friends over.  I divided up the dough so that each kid could make 2 mini loaves of their own creations.  My son came up with some creative additions and my daughter decided to go for the savory as well as the sweet.  Here's how it turned out:
Here's the group attacking their dough.

My son decided to fill one loaf with Stephen's Candy Cane Cocoa.

I was a bit skeptical, but it turned out rather tasty.  It would make great holiday rolls.

The pizza roll contigent with their pizza sauce, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, cheese and garlic.

My boy wanted to put food coloring on his, and I thought it would be a great way to distinguish everyone's loaves.

Hot out of the oven!  Color-coded loaves ready to eat.

My girl with her cinnamon bread and pizza bread.
My boy with his peppermint-cocoa loaf!
 A fun time was had by all, and we've now found a new use for any leftover Stephen's cocoa!


No comments:

Post a Comment