Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Partially-Paralyzed Pirate Lessons (final installment): Savoring life - taste and the whole shebang


I had to use one last pirate photo - my dear friend helped me see the humor in my situation by giving me this fabulous pirate bandana. 

Let me just say that one way to avoid weight gain over Thanksgiving is to lose your sense of taste.  ;(  I knew that my tongue was numb, but I didn't know just how much taste I'd lost until I had a tear run down my cheek into my mouth and it had absolutely no saltiness. It was surprisingly unnerving.  (My husband claims that he has no idea what tears taste like, but women certainly do.) 

So I've gained a real sense of gratitude for the blessing of taste. Appetite, cooking and finding enjoyment in food is a wonderful part of our mortal design and one thing I look forward regaining. 

I've decided that there are two types of tender mercies: 
1- sweet bonus blessings
2- tender as in tenderizing (going through something painful) experience that brings mercies, understanding and empathy. 

I've seen both types in this adventure and uniquely felt the love of both my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven. I also have to say thanks to everyone that has been so patient with my challenges. I honestly love laughing with people about my lopsidedness, so keep the smiles and laughter coming - it brightens my day. 


8 comments:

  1. Ahoy Matey! Do you have Bell's Palsy? I had it for a while in high school on half of my face, similar to you. Some boys in my seminary class (that I had crushes on) nicknamed me "24HPPL" or "24 hour Patented Paralyzed Lips". Nice, eh? Thankfully my sense of humor about the whole ordeal kicked in and I wasn't emotionally scarred by my physical deformity. And I was very blessed that it wore off after a couple of months. I remember the fun of taping my eyes shut at night and struggling to keep food/drink in my mouth. I even gave a talk in church (stake conference, I think) with a palsy face! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danielle - that is horrible time to have it! Your attitude makes me more in awe of you than ever. And thanks for the recovery wishes - it is getting a little better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. • กำจัดขน
    • กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) เลือนหายไปริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
    • รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นแล้วก็รูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดแล้วก็เรียบเนียน
    • รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่แตกต่างจากปกติ
    • ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวสวยใสดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
    • กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดรวมทั้งเส้นเลือดฝอย
    • รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แต่ว่าบางทีอาจจำเป็นต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันบ่อยมากก็เลยจะได้ประสิทธิภาพที่ดี

    เลเซอร์ขนขา
    เลเซอร์รักแร้
    เลเซอร์บิกินี
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

    ReplyDelete
  4. ศัลยกรรมจมูก
    จำต้อง ทำจมูก ด้วยเหตุว่า จมูกเป็นใจกลางของบริเวณใบหน้าอันเป็นตัวบ่งชี้มิติความงดงามบนบริเวณใบหน้าของคุณ โดยธรรมดาจมูกที่สวย (Perfect Nose) นั้นควรต้องงาม กลมกลืนตั้งแต่ดั้งถึงปลายจมูก และรูปร่างของปีกจมูกที่ประกอบกันได้สวยงามพอดีในทุกมิติของการมอง สิ่งจำเป็นที่สุดของการศัลยกรรมจมูกนั้น เป็นการปรับตกแต่งรูปร่างของจมูก เสริมจมูก เพื่อออกมารับกับบริเวณใบหน้าเยอะที่สุด โดยอยู่บนฐานรากองค์ความเข้าใจเกี่ยวกับสรพระอาทิตย์ทยาของจมูก แล้วก็ความชำนาญของศัลยแพทย์ เพื่อบริเวณใบหน้าของคุณงามเด่นขึ้นมา


    เลเซอร์หน้าใส
    เลเซอร์ลดริ้วรอย
    เลเซอร์รอยสิว

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys I just want to say that I got an official notification that iTunes is providing us free gift cards codes iTunes Gift Card Codes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really usefull I put things off too much

    ReplyDelete
  7. หลังจากล้มเหลวในการแทนที่ สล็อตออนไลน์มือถือ Sergio Ramos หรือ Raphael Varane ที่เบอร์นาเบวภายใต้ Zinedine Zidane แม้จะมีการยืมตัวออกไปจาก สโมสรและได้รับการยอมรับจากนักกลยุทธ์ระดับตำนานอย่าง สล็อตออนไลน์มือถือ Vicente del Bosque ในระดับนานาชาติก็ตาม Llorente ออกจาก Real Sociedad ในปี 2017 ในประเทศบาสก์หุ้นของ Llorente เพิ่มขึ้นอย่างรวดเร็วและตอนนี้เขามาถึงพรีเมียร์ลีกด้วยประสบการณ์สายเลือดและตัวชี้วัดที่สะดุดตาเพียงพอที่ สล็อตออนไลน์มือถือ จะโน้มน้าวให้ Bielsa ผู้พิถีพิถันเซ็นสัญญากับเขา

    ReplyDelete