Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Friday, September 20, 2013

Domestic Arts Teach Confidence

The whole purpose to my teaching my kids domestic skills is to teach them that they can do new and possibly hard things.  I am hoping that by teaching them to cook, clean, sew, entertain, garden, etc. they will learn that they can be stretched outside their comfort zone and not only survive, but thrive.  I came across a quote in the Ensign magazine this past month that really encapsulated what I want my kids to learn in my home:
Here is a link to the full article which was actually on hope: http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/09/the-healing-balm-of-hope?lang=eng&query=healing+balm+of+hope

I hope that whether it be a new attempt at canning, building that bookshelf, trying that new recipe, or planning a dinner party, you will attack it with true confidence.  Definitely a reminder I need myself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment