Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Monday, August 12, 2013

Cleaning: The art of hospital corners

I was raised by a wonderful housekeeper as I know I've mentioned before.  Luckily, we get to live across the street from her and so I thought I'd take advantage of that and let my bed-making-maven-of-a-mother teach my kids the art of folding sheets and making a proper bed.  No, this is not my kids' first exposure to this domestic activity, but due to the unconventional nature of my kids beds, hospital corners hasn't always been feasible.  Plus, I knew that they'd take instruction from their grandma better than from their mom.  Oh, and a promised trip to Maid-Rite (get the bed-making humor?) for lunch afterward probably helped as well.
Teaching the trick to folding fitted sheets.

My son gets his lesson in a nicely folded fitted sheet.

She's awfully proud of that tidily-folded fitted sheet.

Now for the bed making process.  They were even taught how to determine the right side of the flat sheet and to remember that a person should only come in contact with the right sides of the sheets like a sandwich. 

Hospital corners part I

Hospital corners part II

Hospital corners part III

Finished product - nice and tidy!

No comments:

Post a Comment