Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Monday, December 1, 2014

Partially-Paralyzed Pirate lessons: the blessings of blinks

So, one of the things I'm most grateful for now comes from one of the smallest muscles in my face - that of the eyelid. With this paralysis, my eye doesn't close. Few things are quicker than the blink of an eye, but although it maybe just a fraction of a second, you miss it in the oddest places. 

Washing your face or taking a shower, wiping a tear away (fingernail to the eyeball), walking in a breeze all are more complicated without the ability to blink. At night I tape my eyelid shut so that I can rest without my eye drying out completely. Throughout the day I manually have to close my eyelid and of course eyedrops are my

So you may not think much about that small flap of skin aside from putting makeup on in the morning, but it is a huge blessing.  What an intricately, divine creation our bodies are and what a marvelous opportunity and responsibility it is to be entrusted with this mortal machine. 

So take a few extra-long blinks and enjoy the blessing of opening and shutting that shutter to your soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment