Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Friday, December 19, 2014

Partially-Paralyzed Pirate Post-Script


Just thought I'd give one last pirate-update. There is real physical power in prayer and priesthood blessings. I have been blessed with a quicker recovery than I imagined due in large part to the faith and prayers of so many friends and family members. Thank you all!  Here's my recovery status at 3 weeks out:
- I no longer have to tape my eye shut at night (my eyelashes are happy about that). 
- I can drink fairly well in public from a straw or cup. 
- My tastebuds are about 75% back in working order. 
- While I still cannot swish a normal punt of water in my mouth without some mess, I am able to whistle somewhat and swish a tiny bit. 
-My smile is a bit wonky but it's getting there. 

Overall, I'd say I'm at about 75% and I'm thrilled with that!  Life is such an amazing and fragile gift. I hope that this sense of gratitude and purpose doesn't fade as my symptoms do. Life is good and I am very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment