Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Monday, June 10, 2013

Summertime: Deliberate Training

Admittedly I'm a bit type A/list-aholic about some things.  But being raised by a professional homemaker, I was taught to approach homemaking as professionally as any paying profession.  Summertime is an ideal time to do a little deliberate training on skills that otherwise fall through the cracks during the hectic school year.  Each year we make up a summer plan and we usually get almost everything done on our list.  We schedule in one "lazy day" each month of summer vacation where we don't have any chores or activities planned so we can just lounge around.  Otherwise, we're living out our summer checklist. 
Aren't you glad you don't live at my house?  *grins*

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing. It's the first day of summer vacation and I am ready to send mine back to school. Can't they at least wait until week 2 to start complaining about being bored and all the stuff they can't live without?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. That is partly why I do this - nothing bugs me more than "I'm bored". To me that is code for: "Give me a chore". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to live at your house. You could teach me all you know. :)

    ReplyDelete