Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Friday, June 7, 2013

Cooking: Trying 24-hour Cajeta

I saw this recipe in Family Circle Magazine, and thought I'd give it a shot. 
http://www.familycircle.com/recipes/desserts/ideas/rick-bayless/
Here's what mine looked like from start to finish (it was more like 18 hour cajeta):
9:00 pm 2 quarts milk, 2 cups sugar and 1 cinnamon stick

6:30 am

10:30 am

3:00 pm

Since it was very lumpy, and my immersion blender is on the fritz, I blended it in the food processor.



Here's the final result.  Makes a great thick caramel sauce, but my husband said the cajeta he ate in Mexico wasn't so cinnamon-flavored.  Next time I'm going to try the can of sweetened condensed milk cooked in the can recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment