Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Monday, June 10, 2013

Entertaining: Raising Party Planners

I'm starting to see the fruits of my party-planning all these years.  My daughter spent over an hour last week planning out her Summer Cafe menu, theme, decorations, etc.  This doesn't surprise me about my daughter.  However, what does surprise me is my 13 year old boy's increasing ability in the party-planning department.  Since he's too old to be an enthusiastic participant, last night I proposed to hire him as party planner for one of the summer parties this year.  He jumped right into the role and spent 2 hours last night writing down ideas, looking through books and Pinterest pins, mapping out areas in the back yard, writing a supplies checklist and making a timeline/flow-chart for the activities. 
At one point, my son said to me late last night, "Mom - when I get going on this planning I get so OCD.  This is all your fault."  Yes.  Yes it is.  The more your kids see your efforts, the more it piques their own creativity.  Not sure we'll ever conquer the handwriting, but at least we are well on our way to teaching some entertaining skills.  Stay tuned for updates on how my daughter's cafe and my son's science party turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment