Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Entertaining: My Miniature Party Planner Assistants

I try to throw parties for the kiddos for two basic reasons:
  1. I want them to have photographic proof of fun childhood memories.
  2. I want them to throw fun parties for my grandkids in 20 years.
So in addition to having them help set-up and clean-up, I always try to get them to help me plan out the food, activities and invites.  Sometimes they have very creative ideas.  I also have them give feedback on parties and we discuss what went well and what we should change for next year.  Time will only tell if these strategies will do any good decades from now when they are throwing their own parties, but in the meantime, we'll just enjoy the parties we put on together.
Our latest Halloween Shin-dig

No comments:

Post a Comment