Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sewing Project: Love is a Minky Frog or Monkey

This year I chose their sewing project as I had found a 99¢ pattern in the middle of winter and knew they'd love it. Here is the pattern:
So today we headed off to Hancock Fabrics to let them choose their fabrics. I'm slightly worried since they both chose minky fabric to make the body – but since the applique parts are fleece, I'm sure we'll manage. If they turn out presentable, I might post some pics. However, before we get into any heavy duty sewing mode, we've got to de-junk the basement sewing area. *ugh* In years previous, we've made other pillows, pajama pants, and turned worn-out pants into shorts. At some point, I'm sure my boy will be dropping out of our summer sewing program and daughter will move on to making dresses etc. . . But until that day – we keep at it! What kind of sewing projects do you do with your kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment