Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Entertaining: Valentine's Day Jello Adventures

Ok, so I'm not a huge gelatin fan, but on holiday it makes for a festive edible-craft that kids love. I saw an idea for Jell-o valentine "envelopes" and then took it a step further. (The white layer is 1 pkg. gelatin+1/4 cup water mixed into 3/4 cup boiling water + 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk)
I ended up with heart-shaped holes in my raspberry Jello.

So I decided to whip up some more creamy gelatin (you could easily mix in yogurt instead of sweetened condensed milk) and carefully fill my heart-shaped holes.  I used a kitchen syringe.
If you spill, no worries - just blot with a paper towel.  Now I have a festive addition to our Valentine's day dinner meal, while still enjoying some festive food earlier in the week. 
I truly believe that making an effort to have a little culinary fun will inspire your kids later on to express their creativity in the kitchen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment