Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Meatloaf: my boy's culinary discovery


 I am not a meatloaf fan.  In fact, just the name makes me shudder a little.  However, last week my son asked me what meatloaf was like.  After a long sigh, I decided that 12 years of sheltering him from my childhood-dinner-nemesis was long enough.  As you'll see in the photos that follow - he was rather enamored of the whole meatloaf-making process.  In fact, at one point he said, "Mom - we should do this for a party!"  The thought of multiple boys up to their elbows in raw hamburger gave me a whole body shudder.  So although a meatloaf-making party is never going to happen as long as I'm living and e coli. still exists, I did end up eating and almost enjoying my boy's meatloaf.  (I'll spare everyone the recipe, since meatloaf recipes are more common than silver minivans.)


Yes, being a food-safety gal, I insisted on gloves.
Mad-scientist at work.
Can you tell he was into the hands-on mixing experience?
Since I was feeling daring - I also decided to allow him a lesson on electric-knife usage.  My baby's growing up!



No comments:

Post a Comment