Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dipping Chocolates


I honestly don't know how my mother managed annually to teach 4 daughters how to dip chocolates an not end up in an insane assylum.  This year, I had my kids help me dip.  The night before, they both helped me shape the centers.  On dipping day, after giving it a go, they mostly said it was too hard so they ended up being my "gophers".  They stirred the chocolate, brought me centers, empty trays, and helped with the nuts on the melbas.  They learned that it takes more dexterity than they anticipated.  I learned that I need to get over some of my hatred-of-mess during the process and let them dip a few more chocolates next year.  But they truly were helpful with all the behind-the-scenes help. 

Nate enjoyed chunking up the bittersweet chocolate with a hammer and screwdriver the night before.
Emma wanted to try dipping with the bitter sweet.
Nate dipped a golf-ball sized melba he had shaped just for his own gluttonous enjoyment.  :)
Not bad for 4 hours of dipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment