Cleaning / Laundry / Cooking & Baking / Canning / Gardening / Entertaining / Mending / Sewing / Gracious Civility / Organizing / Handwork / Beekeeping

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Civility: the Lost Art of Finishing School

So, while my son has been at scout camp this week, I had a belated idea.  What better time to train my daughter in civility, and gracious manners than when her older brother is a couple hours away.  Unfortunately, this year the idea struck me too late to implement, but I am starting to let the idea percolate for next summer.  What do you think I should include in my 3 or 4 day mini finishing school that I do for my 10 year old daughter?  I know it sounds a bit outdated, but I truly think that society is lacking in a lot of the finer points of gracious living that used to be consciously cultivated.  So, if you've got any brilliant me your ideas let me know, and next summer I'll give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment